We have a vacancy
If interested, please apply here. You will need a gmail account to fill in the application form. No agencies or recruiters.
|Location:||London / Taipei|
Description of the Organisation
Offshore Wind Consultants Limited is a globally focused specialised consultancy providing independent services to the offshore renewables industry. The company is recognised within the industry as one of the leading service providers of consultancy services for offshore wind projects. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing a quality service and delivering innovative and reliable solutions, by being able to draw upon extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back into the late 1990s in offshore wind, combined with a cutting-edge R&D department.
Description of the Job Role
The Geotechnical Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm and oil and gas projects.
This a permanent full-time role base in the city of London, UK or in Taipei, Taiwan. Completive salary + benefits package and support through chartership accreditation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction site condition
- Analyse geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare reports
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to assist in the design and evaluation of offshore structures, particularly of geotechnical aspects
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required
- Work on or lead projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients within the required timeframe, cost and quality standard
- Ensure all deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies
- Assist with development of bespoke software to enhance efficiency and maintain commercial advantage
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering
- Working towards chartership with the institution of Civil Engineers or similar
- At least 2 years’ of relevant experience with at least 1 year’s of experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management of offshore wind farm foundations or jack-up vessels
- Direct experience of working as a geotechnical engineer offshore on vessels or jack-ups, overseeing and being involved with offshore geotechnical site investigation is preferred
Key Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Behavioural Traits
- Excellent technical engineering knowledge with a specialisation in geotechnical engineering
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision
- Experienced in the scoping, management, supervision and interpretation of offshore geotechnical and geophysical site investigations
- Ability to undertake pile drive-ability & jack-up leg penetration analyses
- Good technical knowledge of foundation design as well as offshore design and construction
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with pro-active approach
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work
- Well organised and self-directed
- Good communication skills and excellent report writing skills
- High level of proficiency in English language
- Proficiency in Mandarin, Polish, French or another European Language is an advantage
- Candidates must be based in the UK and have no restrictions to work in the UK (permanent residence is required for non-UK citizens) or be Taiwanese Nationals
- Candidates should be available to start full time work in September 2018
Please apply with motivation letter and CV and filling in the online form.